Given Name: George Strait
Born: May 18, 1952, Poteet, Texas
Family: Wife - Norma / Son - George, Jr. “Bubba” / Bubba's Wife – Tamara / Bubba and Tamara’s son Harvey / Bubba and Tamara’s daughter Jilliann
Vital Statistics: Height: 5'10" Weight: 160 lbs.
Hobbies: Team roping, Hunting, Fishing, Skiing, Golf
Affliliations: CMA, ASCAP, NARAS, AFTRA
Record Label: MCA
Producer: George Strait, Co-Producer Chuck Ainley
Home Video: "George Strait Live" - Certified Gold & Platinum
- In 2015, Strait announced that he would perform an exclusive “Strait To Vegas” concert series of select dates at the T-Mobile Arena opening in April 2016. All six 2016 dates sold out immediately, with more to be announced.
- In 2012 from the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum, Strait announced The Cowboy Rides Away Tour, a two-year farewell to life on the road.
- In 2009, ACM Artist of the Decade George Strait sold out one of the largest entertainment venues in the world, the Dallas Cowboys’ new stadium, in less than an hour. Strait was joined by entertainment superstar Reba, singer/songwriter Blake Shelton and Texas traditionalist Lee Ann Womack.
- The indisputable King of Country did what comes naturally, by continuing his concert attendance streak of years past by selling out arenas and shattering venue records across the country at multiple stops along his 2008 tour. Joining him were newcomers Little Big Town and Sarah Johns.
- In 2006, George celebrated his 25th year as an MCA Records artist with a 25-city tour of the U.S. and Canada, with opening acts Miranda Lambert and Tracy Lawrence. During the arena tour, George continued his streak of selling out and setting attendance records. He broke his own record at Little Rock’s Alltel Arena for drawing the largest crowd in the history of the arena (set by Strait on Feb. 25, 2004). The same week as the Little Rock show, other sold-out shows included 15,200 fans at Omaha’s Qwest Center and 18,500 at Oklahoma City’s Ford Center.
- His sold-out 2007 appearance at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo was his 20th appearance at the event since 1983. Every one of them has been a sell-out.
- George Strait holds more than 20 attendance records at venues from coast to coast.
- The George Strait Country Music Festival is the most successful country stadium tour of all-time. Running from 1998 to 2001, the stadium tour featured such superstar opening acts as Dixie Chicks, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Brooks & Dunn, Lee Ann Womack, Sara Evans, Brad Paisley and others, all of whom credit the tour as helping their careers and teaching them about staging a major national tour.
- "Amarillo By Morning"
- "The Chair"
- "Baby's Gotten Good At Goodbye"
- "If I Know Me"
- "I Cross My Heart"
- "The Man in Love With You"
- "Check Yes Or No"
- "Carrying Your Love With Me"
- "Write This Down"
- "Don't Make Me Come Over There And Love You"
- "She'll Leave You With A Smile"
- "Seashores Of Old Mexico"
- "Living For The Night"
- "The Soldier" released in 1981
- "Pure Country" - Warner Bros.; 1992 Top Ten Box Office for four consecutive weeks
- "Pure Country 2: The Gift - Warner Bros.; 2010
- Academy of Country Music Awards Show Host 1989
- Academy of Country Music Awards Show Host 1990
- Academy of Country Music Awards Show Host 1991
- Academy of Country Music Awards Show Host 1993
- Academy of Country Music Awards Show Host 1997
- "George Strait Live from Tucson" - One Hour Special on The Nashville Network
- CNN Show Biz Today
- CMA Awards Show Academy of Country Music Awards Show
- Entertainment Tonight 2014
- This Year on Country Music
- Austin City Limits
- Hee Haw 1983 - 1985
- Nashville Now New Country
- "Strait From The Heart of Texas" - One Hour Special on The Nashville Network
- "Texas 150" - ABC TV Special
- Perry Como Christmas in San Antonio - ABC TV Special
- American Music Awards
- The Today Show Grammy Awards CBS Morning News
- The Tonight Show 1991
- CBS This Morning 1992
- Resistol Hats
- Justin Boots
- Garia Golf Car